Thursday, June 7, 2012

Enthused Thursday: Cosmopolis

     Yes, it's Thursday again, the time when I talk about new and upcoming projects that I'm excited for, and today it's Cosmopolis with Robert Pattinson. Read the full article after the jump.  
     You heard me right, I said "Robert Pattinson" and "excited for" in the same sentence. I think Pattinson still has a chance to prove himself, and I think he could turn a surprising performance in the upcoming Cosmopolis. 
     I'm hopeful (despite a less than sparkling and heavily criticized performance in the mega-franchise Twilight which still continues to feed of off American consumers) I think he ultimately has a chance to break out of the one role he has become typecast for, and is now infamous for. It is true that his performance in Twilight was rather underwhelming, but honestly, if you were given such a role would you turn it down? Pattinson provided the performance that was called for in the film: over-dramatic, over-protective, and at times, just a little creepy.
     I think the simply complex Cosmopolis should prove to be a make or break for the star. In the film Pattinson portrays multimillionaire Eric Packer, and follows his journey across Manhattan, from what starts simply as a search for a good haircut. On this seemingly simple journey, Packer must come to terms with various happenings, such as assassination plots, unreliable stocks, and protests, all taking place during his trek across the Manhattan landscape. The film looks to be a vision of the current generation, and a commentary on our modern capitalistic society, and I truly look forward to see how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment